Financial Aid FAQs
Our Offices are open Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm
·You can Contact Us with an expected response to be within 5 business days. When emailing our office, you must use your 手机买球软件下载 email and include your NSHE ID (student ID number)
· For general information, our call center is available at 702-651-4303 during normal business hours
· Limited Virtual Meetings using MS Teams are available from our main page.
Students should start by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov. 手机买球软件下载’s Federal FAFSA school code is 010362.
In general, 手机买球软件下载 will receive your application 3-5 business days after submission.
Summer 2022 uses the 2021-2022 application, but we encourage you to complete next year’s 2022-2023 FAFSA as it covers Fall 2022- Summer 2023. The FAFSA opens every October 1st for the upcoming academic year. 手机买球软件下载’s academic years begin in Fall and end the following Summer. Students are also highly encouraged to apply for scholarships. Our Scholarship page is a great starting point for those looking for additional opportunities for financial aid.
Our office accepts documents in-person or notarized documents electronically or by mail.
The following forms must be notarized and include a color copy of the student’s (and parent’s for PLUS loans applications) unexpired government-issued photo ID (both sides). Students can receive in-person notary services through financial institutions (banks & credit unions), the USPS, UPS, and Fedex. *Documents from an online notary are not acceptable.
- Educational Statement and HS Completion Forms
- Citizenship documents (U.S. Passport, Certificate of Naturalization, Alien Registration Card)
- Federal Direct Loan Application Forms
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan Application
Documentation can be mailed to:
手机买球软件下载 Financial Aid Office
6375 W. Charleston Blvd.
Sort Code WCD 126
Las Vegas, NV 89146
There could be several reasons your FAFSA information has not appeared in your My手机买球软件下载 account.
· All (financial aid) items in your My手机买球软件下载 To Do list must be completed before a student can receive a financial aid award letter.
· Please ensure that you have completed the correct academic year’s FAFSA and included 手机买球软件下载 on the application. The current year’s application is 2021-2022 (ends Summer 2022) and our school code is 010362.
· Your name, date of birth, or social security number are not matching on either the FAFSA or with 手机买球软件下载. If you are having issues correcting personal information on your FAFSA, please contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC) at 1-800-433-3243. If your personal information is not correct at 手机买球软件下载, you may need to contact our Registrar’s office to update your information.
- For students who are Federal Pell Grant eligible, in most cases, one class will provide some Pell funding. Federal Pell awards are based on levels of enrollment: Full Time (12 or more credits), Three-Quarter Time (9 to 11.99 credits), Half Time (6 to 8.99 credits), and Less Than Half Time (3 to 5.99 credits).
*Please note: The above information reflects most cases but does not consider students who have reached or are nearing their maximum Pell Lifetime Eligibility Usage, have EFCs that require at least Half-Time or greater enrollment, or students that have already received 100% of their Pell Eligibility for an Academic Year and fall into Year-Round Pell Rules. These are only some of the scenarios that are exceptions to the general rule above.
- Loans require students to be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits.
- The Millennium Scholarship requires a minimum enrollment of 9 credits (subject to change).
- Work-Study does not require a minimum enrollment level but is predominantly used only in the Fall and Spring terms. The Silver State Regent Work Award is predominantly used in the Summer term but requires enrollment in at least 6 credits plus additional criteria.
- Other scholarships and awards have varying levels of enrollment.
Please contact the Financial Aid Office for information.
Loans can take up to four to six weeks to process from the date of submission. To ensure that your loan will be processed in a timely manner please monitor your My手机买球软件下载 To-Do List and Communication Center. Additionally, continue to check your 手机买球软件下载 emails should our office need any additional information from you.
Aside from registering for classes, there is very little a student needs to do. You will want to continually monitor your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and verify that you still have enough remaining Financial Aid for the Summer. This can be viewed on your My手机买球软件下载 Financial Aid tab.
- Federal Pell Grant Eligible students that have already received 100% of their Pell Eligibility for an Academic Year must adhere to Year-Round Pell Rules. In general, this means being enrolled at least Half-Time (6 credits or more).
- Summer Loans require submission of a Summer Loan Request that can be found on our forms page.
Please visit the College Work-Study webpage for details of employment and eligibility criteria.
Under limited circumstances, the Financial Aid Office, may be able to re-evaluate your eligibility for financial aid for the school year.
Financial Aid Awards
In most cases, award notifications will be sent to a student’s My手机买球软件下载 communication center and student email once they have successfully
1. Completed the correct year’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA),
2. Completed all related My手机买球软件下载 “To-Do List” items,
3. Enrolled into classes leading towards their declared major
4. As well as, ensuring they are meeting all student eligibility requirements such as Satisfactory Academic Progress.
If you believe you have completed all necessary requirements but still have not received an award notification, please contact of office.
Student’s awards can be canceled for several reasons including but not limited to:
- SAP suspension,
- Lack of a declared major,
- Incomplete Verification,
- Lack of enrollment or enrollment in classes/majors that are not funded by Financial Aid,
- New information sent by the Department of Education,
- Not enrolled in enough credits to qualify for a given type of aid
- Some other unique student scenario
There are several reasons the Pell Grant may be adjusted:
- Adding or dropping classes may lead to an adjustment of your awards
- Verification resulted in a higher and/or lower EFC,
- Department of Education notification,
- Classes that are dropped or
- Enrollment in classes that do not lead towards your declared major.
- Not enrolled in enough credits to qualify for a given type of aid
*Other grants can be subject to proration or minimum enrollment requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact our office.
Financial Aid does not cover new student fees, payment plan fees, excess credit fees, or any fines incurred by the student.
The Pell Grant awards are based on students’ enrollment level (credits taken) on the census date. The census date is when the student’s enrollment is locked. The Pell Grant will be reviewed and adjustments will be made, if necessary, based on the student’s enrollment level. The students who enroll at the beginning of the semester and add courses after the census date should be prepared to pay for additional tuition & fee charges out of pocket.
**Please note: Pell Grant-eligible students who enroll in late-start course(s) for the first time (never before enrolled at 手机买球软件下载 for the semester) may still qualify for the Pell Grant. The census date will be based on the date of enrollment or when 手机买球软件下载 receives the student’s FAFSA, whichever is later.
For the Federal Pell Grant, it depends on several factors. Please see "What is a Census Date".
Federal Loans are not affected by the census date.
According to the federal regulations, a student can retake a class for credit and receive financial aid under the following scenarios:
(1) If a student fails a class, he/she can retake it to earn a passing grade.
(2) When a student has a passing grade (A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D, D-, P, or S), he/she can only repeat a class one more time for a better grade.
- Ex: semester 1: student takes Art 101 and receives a “D” grade. Semester 2: student retakes Art 101 and receives an “F” grade. The student in this example can retake the Art 101 class but will not be able to receive financial aid for the class.
Disbursements will begin no earlier than 7 days before the start of the semester and will continue weekly through the semester. Please visit our Financial Aid page for disbursement dates.
NO disbursement of Financial Aid funds will be made to students who
- have been selected for verification but have not successfully completed the process,
- are not Meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), or
- have not resolved any other eligibility issue involving their Financial Aid account
Yes, but you must pay out-of-pocket until your financial aid is processed and disbursed. You can contact the Cashier’s Office to discuss your payment options.
The “Finances” section of your My手机买球软件下载 will show you all activity involving your balance, payments, and financial aid disbursements.
· If your aid has disbursed, you can view when and how much under “Account Activity” (found in the drop-down bar)
· If your aid has not disbursed, you can view pending amounts and the scheduled disbursement dates under “View Financial Aid.” Please make sure to view the correct aid year and term.
After the Financial Aid Office disburses the Financial Aid award, the Cashier's Office is responsible for crediting student’s accounts and generating refunds.
Please contact the Cashier’s Office for questions regarding refunds.
The College of Southern Nevada Financial Aid Office has partnered with Inceptia, a division of the National Student Loan Program (NSLP) to help expedite the federal verification process. Please visit the Inceptia Verification Gateway or call Inceptia at 888-374-8427 for processing time and/or additional information.
手机买球软件下载 has partnered with Inceptia to help expedite the federal verification process. If your FAFSA application is selected for Verification, you will receive an introductory email to the email address you provided on the FAFSA. If no email was provided, you will receive an introductory postcard.
If other requirements are needed to be reviewed (such as citizenship, selective service, and other comment codes/flags), they will populate in your My手机买球软件下载 “To Do List.”
Federal Loan update requests take 4 - 6 weeks to process. At the beginning of a semester, it might take longer to process as there are more Federal Loan Request Update forms being submitted. We will then have to manually check the various Federal databases and reporting agencies to ensure that you receive the correct amount.
If we are within three weeks of the semester beginning and you have completed your MPN and Entrance Counseling at least one week ago, please contact the Financial Aid Office to further research your account.
Please keep the below information in consideration when completing the MPN or Entrance Counseling.
For the MPN: Once the Federal government approves the request (originated), the MPN should be automatically uploaded onto your account. Be sure that you have successfully completed and submitted the correct MPN for the right institution and loan type.
For Counseling: (1) list 手机买球软件下载 on the counseling, (2) ensure that you have completed the Entrance Counseling for undergraduate students - there is an option to select graduate students AND some students have completed the Financial Awareness counseling instead of the Entrance Counseling, and (3) have successfully submitted the counseling session.
Log into your My手机买球软件下载 and look for the accept/decline link. This is located in the "Finances" section. Click on the link and it will take you to your award page. You can accept, decline, or change the amount of the federal loans.
If you are a first time borrower (meaning no prior loans or loan balances due to a pay-off or forgiveness), you will have a 30 day processing period as mandated by the U.S. Department of Education. If you already have a loan that has been previously disbursed, your federal loans will disburse 7 days prior to the start of the semester, unless there is an issue requiring resolution from the Financial Aid Office, other 手机买球软件下载 departments, NSHE, or the U.S. Department of Education.
手机买球软件下载 should receive Entrance Loan Counseling within 48 hours. The Master Promissory Note will show as received when a loan is originated (requested from the Department of Education). Please refer to question two (2) in this loan FAQ for more information.
In general, 4 to 6 weeks. However, our office does not begin certifying loans until closer to the semester start date, even if you submitted a request months prior. In order to ensure you keep your classes, please contact the Cashier's Office for payment options. The Financial Aid Office will hold your classes.
Yes. Students will need to visit the Financial Aid Office and submit a federal loan update request form. If there is an external reason for the federal loan cancellation, 手机买球软件下载 will inform the student.
Yes. If students have not accepted the federal loans offered on their My手机买球软件下载, please go to the accept/decline hyperlink on the My手机买球软件下载 and select the appropriate aid year. Students can change their loan amounts if they have not yet accepted the award.
For students who have already accepted their awards, please visit a Financial Aid Office and complete the "Change Request" form. If the loan has already been disbursed and it is MORE THAN 120 DAYS, you will need to discuss this with your lender. Go to http://studentaid.gov/ to find out who your lender is and how to contact them.
Students are referred to the National Clearinghouse, which is located on the 手机买球软件下载 website. The National Clearinghouse will verify the enrollment status of the student and forward the information to the lender.
Students who need to complete the Loan Entrance Counseling, Financial Awareness, and/or the MPN should go to: http://studentaid.gov/
Withdrawals / SAP / Past Due Balances
If you did not receive enough financial aid funding to cover what you originally owed, the remaining balance must be paid out-of-pocket.
If you were initially disbursed funds that covered your semester balance but now see a balance you previously did not owe, then you should contact the financial aid office for the most accurate information. There are several reasons this may occur including withdrawing from classes.
If you withdraw from all your courses, you will be subject to the Return of Title IV (R2T4) calculation. This may require you to repay a portion of the financial aid that was originally received. If you withdraw from some or all of your courses, you may be subject to the Return of Title IV (R2T4) calculation.
Withdrawing from courses has major implications on a student’s academic success and their financial aid eligibility. In addition to a possible R2T4 calculation, students must also ensure they meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to be eligible for financial aid. It is strongly suggested that students contact our office prior to any withdrawal.
Depending on your situation, you may be subject to the Return of Title IV (R2T4) calculation which may require you to repay a portion of the financial aid originally received. Additionally, future financial aid may be affected if you do not meet 手机买球软件下载’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is the term used to define successful completion of coursework to maintain eligibility for financial aid. An in-depth explanation of the requirements and policy can be found on our SAP page.
Students must ensure they only submit fully completed appeals. This includes completing every section, signing where applicable, and attaching all documentation together in one submission. The SAP Appeal for an Academic year will become available by June 1st.
Our Office will begin accepting appeals for an upcoming semester as soon as you have enrolled in the appropriate courses and fully completed your appeal. Our office posts the SAP appeal deadlines for each semester on our important dates page.
SAP Appeals can be submitted in person, through the mail, or by email.
- All decisions will be rendered 30 days after a complete appeal has been submitted.
- The Office of Financial Aid will NOT hold your classes pending a decision by the SAP committee.
- The decision of the SAP committee is final and cannot be appealed or re-reviewed.
Please download the appeals form from the Financial Aid Forms webpage.
If you have earned a scholarship and are wanting clarification of its terms and your eligibility you may want to contact the donor directly. If you have other questions you can reach our scholarship office here - Contact Us
Typically, external scholarships are awarded for the academic year and require the student re-apply for future consideration. However, if your scholarship was awarded for multiple academic years, we recommend you communicate with your donor to inquire if exceptions or an appeal process will be considered for future semesters.
Most questions about the Millennium Scholarship can be answered by visiting the Millennium Scholarship page
The form is available online at Nevada Promise Scholarship Appeal. Please note that the form is used by the College of Southern Nevada (手机买球软件下载) to review for eligibility for the Promise Scholarship. 手机买球软件下载 cannot waive or change the statutory requirements set by the Nevada Legislature however, if you believe you met the requirements or have extenuating circumstances, please complete the appeals form with additional required documentation.
To secure your eligibility, please ensure that you continue to follow the guidance provided by the 手机买球软件下载 Promise Office found on the Promise Scholarship page in addition to previous communications received from their office.
Many new applicants may have received an email notification informing them of failing NPS eligibility requirements. If any of the following cases apply to you, this communication may be the result of a data mismatch and may not reflect your actual eligibility status.
- If you are a new applicant for the 2022-2023 academic year who has not contacted the 手机买球软件下载 NPS Office previously to update their office with your NSHE ID, please Contact Us via email and include within your message your current High School ID, NSHE ID, and first and last name.
- If you are a new applicant who has completed the New Student Orientation and experienced technical difficulties obtaining completion confirmation, 手机买球软件下载 First Year Experience may have time stamped the completion of your orientation in their computer records. After reviewing their contact information here: http://www.seawatervegetable.com/fye request and include any corroborating correspondence from their office in your appeal. Your Nevada Promise Scholarship Appeal must be submitted via email. Please Contact Us for an email address to submit the documents. The appeal must be submitted no later than Wednesday, April 1, 2022 by 11:59 p.m.
- Lastly, if you were notified that a FAFSA application was not received on your behalf but certify that the application was completed prior to March 1, please Contact Us for further guidance towards resolving your NPS eligibility as soon as possible.
Beneficiaries who are required to have a resident course to qualify for resident housing should go to the 手机买球软件下载 VETS Center website to review the requirements if courses which are considered a resident (converted and covered under COVID legislation).
Students who have used benefits before at 手机买球软件下载 can submit their claim using the “submit online claim” on the 手机买球软件下载 VETS page. If you are claiming benefits for the first time at 手机买球软件下载, please Contact Us to obtain our New Student Packet and Checklist of documents needed to establish your benefits at 手机买球软件下载.