Enrollment Steps for First Time College Students
Start the journey towards your better future today.
手机买球软件下载 accepts applications year-round. However, it's best to apply early to get the best choices for classes. Follow the steps below to complete your enrollment process.
手机买球软件下载 is an open-access institution, and any adult can apply for admission and enroll in classes. Those applicants who are specifically seeking a degree or certificate of achievement and are applying for federal financial aid must have a high school diploma, its equivalent, or be a qualified international student to be admitted to 手机买球软件下载. If you would like to prepare and take the GED/HSE you may do so at 手机买球软件下载. For more information please contact 手机买球软件下载's Testing Center.
- If you have not applied for admission or have not taken a credited class from 手机买球软件下载, you need to complete 手机买球软件下载’s Application for Admission.
Note: Once your admission application is confirmed, you will receive an email with your NSHE student ID number followed by a separate email with instructions on how to validate your 手机买球软件下载 student account.
If you are new to Nevada please review our residency policy.
Your My手机买球软件下载 student portal is your primary tool for registration and services
- Validate your account with the 手机买球软件下载 Student Account Validation tool.
- After validating your student account and registering your password, you are able to login to Go手机买球软件下载 and access your My手机买球软件下载, Canvas learning platform, and student email account.
If you encounter any technical issues validating your account, please call our OTS Help Desk at (702) 651-4357 (HELP).
To apply for student aid at 手机买球软件下载 you first have to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All students are encouraged to apply for financial aid as early as possible. Processing can take several weeks.
The priority date to submit your FAFSA is March 1 of every year.
All additional verification documents must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office immediately upon request as indicated in your Communication Center and To-Do-List, within your My手机买球软件下载 Student Account.
As a reminder:
- Review all Financial Aid Checklist items.
- All communication about financial aid will be sent to your My手机买球软件下载 Communication Center.
- If you are applying for scholarships, you must also go through the 手机买球软件下载 Scholarship Application Portal. The Priority Scholarship Filing Date was January 1st, however, applications are still being accepted.
- For technical issues regarding your financial aid documents please contact 702-651-4303.
First Steps to enrollment is a three-phase process designed to give students the knowledge they need to be successful as soon as possible. All first-time college students with fewer than six previously completed 手机买球软件下载 credits must complete these three components:
- Complete your English and Math placement requirements or submit valid (less than two years old) SAT or ACT scores for course placement. Visit the Placement Testing webpage for more information on placements.
- Complete the New Student Online Orientation to become familiar with our 手机买球软件下载 community and resources available to be successful. Follow the steps on the Orientation Webpage to access to the orientation.
- Meet with an academic advisor prior to enrolling in first semester classes. Your academic advisor helps you understand your degree plan and makes recommendations on course selection each semester. Your advisor will help you stay on track as you work toward your educational goals. For information on how to schedule an appointment, visit the New Student Advising page.
You can search for classes by semester, course subject, and course number. Use the course information provided to you by your advisor/success coach. We have designed a My手机买球软件下载 and Canvas Pocket Guide we hope you will find helpful as you register for courses.
Tuition Payment Options:
- Pay online with a debit or credit card through My手机买球软件下载 self-service.
- Pay in-person at any Cashiers Office.
- Pay by mail (early enough to arrive prior to the payment due date).
- Make check payable to NSHE Board of Regents and mail to:
College of Southern Nevada
Attention: Cashier’s Office
3200 East Cheyenne Ave - Sort Code NLVE124
North Las Vegas, NV 89030
- If you pay for all classes by the tuition payment due date and proceed to add another class after registration re-opens, you must pay new fees related to this additional class by midnight on the day of registration or risk being dropped from ALL classes, including courses that had been previously paid. A refund will be issued to the student in this instance.
- To protect your enrollment and hold your classes, you must set-up a Payment Plan in your My手机买球软件下载 portal.
Don’t forget to save and print your class schedule within My手机买球软件下载. You will need it for the next step and on the first day of class!
A 手机买球软件下载 student ID card provides identification, access to 手机买球软件下载 facilities, and qualifies you for student discounts in the community. To get your ID, bring your current semester schedule, photo ID, and paid receipt ($2.00 fee payable at one of 手机买球软件下载’s Cashiers Offices) to any Student Life and Leadership Development Office.
Textbooks are NOT OPTIONAL. They are necessary for you to do well in all college classes. Before the semester starts, you must buy or rent all textbooks required for your classes. Take your printed class schedule to a 手机买球软件下载 Bookstore. The bookstore staff will tell you which books you need to purchase and which books may be available for rent. You can also order your books online at Follett Live.
Please print this list of Resources for Student Success, keep it handy, and take advantage of the resources you need. Don’t hesitate to ask for help when you need it. We are here for you!