Welcome to Academic Advising
Academic Advising is Your Partner in Academic Success There’s more to academic advising than choosing your courses and creating your educational plan. Keeping in touch with your academic advisor can help you stay on track in order to achieve your goals.
Academic Advisors can help you with:
- Creating a plan to meet your academic goals
- Skill-coaching in time management, self-advocacy, goal clarification, study-skills and the development of personal plans for academic success
- Determining your transfer options
- Providing information about campus resources and services
- Balancing school with work and family commitments
Your academic advisor helps you understand your degree plan and makes recommendations on course selection each semester. At 手机买球软件下载, students are required to meet with their academic advisor at the completion of 15, 30, and 45 semester credit hours.
When you enroll at the College of Southern Nevada, you’ll have an academic advisor who’s firmly in your corner.
Getting Started with Academic Advising
Health Programs Majors
- Students with health programs majors should visit the Getting Started Webpage to schedule a meeting with a health programs advisor
- To check to see if your major falls under the health programs area of study, visit http://www.seawatervegetable.com/healtharea and refer to the list of degree and certificate programs at the bottom of the page.
All students who are not Health Science majors may participate in Open Advising. Appointments are not required during Open Advising, and students can meet with advisors on a first-come, first-served basis.
Open Advising is available Monday through Friday, beginning July 5 to September 4, 2022, from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm. Please note the Open Advising restrictions for each campus as noted below.
- Henderson Campus: Not available Tuesdays from 8 am -1 pm
- North Las Vegas Campus: Not available Thursdays from 8 am – 1 pm
- Charleston Campus: Not available Fridays from 8 am – 1 pm
Please be advised that Open Advising may require a wait time of an hour or greater. Line(s) may close early during times of extremely high volume.
During Open Advising, students can meet with advisors on campus or by phone.
- To meet with an advisor on campus, students should check into the advising queue online or at their preferred campus and select the ‘Academic Advising - In Person’ queue. You will receive a text message alerting you when it is your turn to see an advisor.
- To meet with an advisor by phone, students can check into the advising queue and choose the “Academic Advising by Phone” queue. When you reach the front of the queue for "Academic Advising by Phone," you will receive a phone call from an academic advisor.
Open Advising provides the following services:
- Course planning for the Fall 2022 semester
- Assistance with advising holds
- General questions
- Campus referrals
All students who are not health programs majors may participate in Open Advising from July 5 – September 4, 2022, from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm. Appointments are not required during Open Advising, and students can meet with advisors on a first-come, first-served basis. For all options regarding Open Advising, see the details above.
Please Note: Health Program students can make an appointment here.
* Please contact us by phone at 702-651-3165 if you have an IEP or 504 Plan and need assistance in meeting with an academic advisor.
Advising will continue to respond to emails at Contact Us, whereby students can send minor questions such as "How do I change my major?" or "Where can I find my degree sheet?"
In the Academic Advising Handbook and Academic Advising Syllabus, you will find valuable information regarding advising timelines and expectations, 手机买球软件下载 resources, areas of study and majors, registration, and much more.
Regular Hours: Monday from 8:00am-6:30pm and Tuesday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm
Academic Advising will be closed on federal and state holidays.
CHARLESTON CAMPUS - 6375 W. Charleston Blvd.
Bldg. D - Lobby, Las Vegas, Nevada 89146
HENDERSON CAMPUS - 700 College Dr.
Bldg. B - Room 120, Henderson, Nevada 89002
NORTH LAS VEGAS CAMPUS - 3200 East Cheyenne Ave.
Main Building S, Room 201 (upstairs), North Las Vegas, Nevada 89030
Contact Us through Email
The mission of Academic Advising is to foster the optimal student experience by providing exceptional guidance and assistance with academic planning through partnerships with our students, faculty, and staff.